May 3, 2007

Most interesting news today?:

The Austinist revealed a few more names that have been added to the line up for the Austin City Limits festival. The White Stripes, Björk, The Decemberists, Peter, Bjorn, and John, Rodrigo Y Gabriela, Robert Earl Keen, Joss Stone, Andrew Bird, Rose Hill Drive, Gotan Project, Indigo Girls, Heartless Bastards, Augustana, Beau Soleil, Andy Palacio and Blonde Redhead are the artists that were revealed through a clever little crossword puzzle that was printed in the Austin Chronicle today. Kings Of Leon, Raul Malo, Stephen Marley, Ben Kweller, Rev. Horton Heat, Asleep At The Wheel, The Little Ones, Charlie Musselwhite, The Jellydots, and Sara Hickman were artists that had already been slated to play. Go to the ACL Rumor/News Blog for more information concerning this years festival. I haven't decided if it's something I'd like to head to yet...we'll see if it's worth it later.

-----------------------------------

Michael Chabon's newest novel The Yiddish Policemen's Union came out this week and everyone has been talking about it. Ironically, I'm reading Wonder Boys right now and I really want to finish it because not only do I love it, I'm intrigued by this newest novel. A lot of people have been talking about it, so check out the articles and check out the novel.

----------------------------------
Seriously?
So, Rolling Stone put this list out about the top 25 under appreciated artists ever. There are a few on the list that I just don't see but that doesn't mean I couldn't be swayed to believe the same and that they are in fact under appreciated. I'm most confused about Tom Waits, Fugazi, Wilco and Devo. I mean, I'd have to say...they aren't over appreciated or rated, but I just don't see the under appreciation. We could talk and argue about it for days, but, go do read or do something else.

--------------------------------

Lastly? Brooklyn Vegan completely geeks out over Bjork. And I'm a fan of both Bjork and Brooklyn Vegan. It's totally cute. Oh, and Volta comes out on May 7th. And Feist's album The Reminder came out May 2nd...and I love it.

No comments: