September 30, 2007

Guilty Pleasures

I was looking around on Andrew Sullivan and noticed guilty pleasures were brought up. Professor Stephen Bainbridge discusses his own guilty pleasures and laughs at the milquetoast answers provided by his peers in academia.

I thought it would be fun to ape the professor's top ten list. Naturally, this prepares me for academia:


  1. Quantum Leap. It was sort of like a more sci-fi Touched By An Angel. Really, we all wish we could go back in time but for more selfish purposes than setting right any number of wrongs.

  2. Chinese buffets. Sometimes you just have to drop down $6.99 and get four plates of chicken lo mein and what may or may not be crab rangoon.

  3. Miniture bottles of spirits. It's what airlines give you for $4.00 in-flight. I bet they're easy to sneak in to movie theatres. Turn the dull into the dynamic!

  4. Google. It pisses Jenn off to no end with how much time I spend researching the mundane. I guess you could roll Consumer Reports into this as well.

  5. 3 Musketeers.

  6. Günther.

  7. Car magazines.

  8. The Pet Shop Boys.

  9. James Bond movies.

  10. Perez Hilton.com.



I guess what can be added to this list is Phil Collins. But that's been mentioned already.

No comments: