October 9, 2007

St. Louis Culture Bloggin'

After moving to St. Louis I wrote about some different places to go to.

Well, the Riverfront Times have released their annual "Best Of" and made a mockery of my pithy attempts at... anything.

I figured I would go through and drop a few of the places I will be visiting when time and money fully allow and a little on why.

Best Liquor Store - Randall's Wine and Spirits. Somebody will need to replace the huge void left by not being able to drive a few minutes and pick up a Rogue Hazelnut Brown Nectar. I'll miss you, Joe's.

Best Sushi - Nobu's. I've gotten use to suburban sushi from shopping centers. I need to step up.

Best Mexican - SeƱor Pique. No more Tacos San Pedro and truckloads of Mexicans means no more legit Mexican food for Paul. I'm not about to trust El Maguey, either.

Best BBQ - 17th Street Bar & Grill. Oklahoma does BBQ pretty damn well. I hate to admit it, but the farther north you go the less delicious the BBQ becomes. I'm going to trust champions more than I will trust local chains Bandana's or Super Smokers.

More next time! Enjoy the links and be envious!

No comments: