May 26, 2008

A long weekend provides.

Sorry it's been so long, kids. I'm not one for lame excuses but I'll try to make mine sound as un-lame as possible. Radiohead fucking blew me away. It was truly a religious experience. I'm not going to blow my geeked out Radiohead load all over the blog. If you've seen them live at any time, then you know just how great it is/can be.

I was going to embed a video of their closer, "Paranoid Android", however after I decided to watch it first, I noticed that some dude was "singing" along with Thom. And sorry, but that's just a no-no. So, I'll give you this link to the A to Z Riverfront Times Music Blog where you can view the videos from the St. Louis show for the songs "Myxomatosis", "Idioteque" and "Paranoid Android" (again, I stress, this is under your own discretion due to the singing of a fan).

EDIT!: Instead I'll just post this sweet ass video of Thom Yorke busting out his sweet moves during "Idioteque".

Also, go here to view some great photos by Annie Zaleski of the A to Z RFT Music Blog.

All of the bloggers around the indie blogosphere (what a dumb term) have been posting the set list from their area, so I'll do the same. Obviously there is much overlap, but everyone has had a few unique surprises, so, without further ado:

1. All I Need
2. Jigsaw Falling Into Place
3. Airbag
4. 15 Step
5. Nude
6. Kid A
7. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
8. The Gloaming
9. You And Whose Army?
10. Idioteque
11. Faust Arp
12. Videotape
13. Everything In Its Right Place
14. Reckoner
15. Optimistic
16. Bangers and Mash
17. Bodysnatchers

Encore Uno:
18. Exit Music (For A Film)
19. Myxomatosis
20. My Iron Lung
21. There There
22. Fake Plastic Trees

Encore Dos:
23. Pyramid Song
24. House of Cards
25. Paranoid Android
-----------------------------
The new Ratatat full length, LP3, leaked about two weeks ago. Though tempting, I'm not going to download it, but I have listened to plenty of the mp3's found lying about the internerd and I've also heard two or three songs on various Blog Radio shows on Sirius Channel 26, Left of Center.

Anyway, this is a video that Evan Mast of said band (half of the band) has made for the song "Mirando" from the forthcoming album.

No comments: