May 9, 2008

Shout Outs and Re-Arranging:

I'd like to take this time out to give shout outs to Amarillo, TX, La Jolla, CA, Vencente Lopez in Argentina, Karachi in Pakistan, Melbourne in Australia and our friends in Canada. I'd also like to thank the people who actually check daily or even every-other-daily. It really means a lot to me and I thank you muchly.

Just wanted to remind everyone that everyone's favorite daughter toting band, Mates of State, will be releasing their fifth full length album "Re-Arrange Us" on May 20th. Being one of my favorite "all time" bands (which constantly changes and they've been there for about 4 or so years now) I have my order filled in at my local record store. I've mentioned it here before, but their blog serves as a way to keep up with Kori and Jason as a band and also as parents of two cute girls.

Sunday, June 8th - Mates of State @ The Bluebird

I will sadly be out of town during most of their midwestern shows and perhaps MOST upsetting is that I'll be out of town the day they play St. Louis. I honestly cheered and ran around my apartment like a 4 year old child giddy over candy and about .4 seconds later was on my couch crying, heaving like...something that heaves a lot because I realized I'd be out of town/country at the time. PISSED. So, I'm calling on my local friends and fans to attend that show, take video, audio...anything. Just pictures, please. I'm considering driving east just to see them. The first and last time I saw them was SXSW 2006 at The Parish and it was just perfect.

Here's the video for "Get Better", which I've been playing non-stop when =p= leaves for work. Their 4 year old, Magnolia, makes an appearance in the video and couldn't be more adorable. Look for her during the soundchecks at their live shows.


------------------------------------------------

Also, blahblahblah everyone is freaking out over some of the newer leaks like Weezer's "The Red Album" (blech), Oasis (ask =p=, not me, he's the resident Oasis fanboy), and Death Cab for Cutie's "Narrow Stairs" (which is pretty good).

And I'm in love with the new Portishead album, "Third".

No comments: